International Conference on
“Membrane based Separations : Past, Present & Future”
Celebrating the 100th Birth Anniversary of Prof. S. Sourirajan
16-18 October 2023
Vadodara, Gujarat, India.
Venue : Kabir Farms, Gotri-Sevasi Rd, opp. Decathlon Sevasi ,Vadodara, Gujarat 391101, India.
CSIR-Central Salt and Marine Chemicals Research Institute, Bhavnagar-364002 (Gujarat) India is a pioneer research institute for the membrane science and technology. Institute has developed several membrane based technologies using indigenously developed membranes for the water desalination/purification to provide safe drinking water. All types of membrane research activities such as reverse osmosis membrane, porous membranes (nano-filtration, ultra-filtration, and hollow fibre), membrane distillation, ion exchange membranes, polymer electrolyte membrane for fuel cells and other energy devices, pervaporation membranes, gas separation membranes etc are being perused in this institute.
Vadodara also called as 'Baroda', is known as the ‘Culture Capital’ of Gujarat State, one of the 29 States of India. With the world’s tallest man made statue a 100 kms away and also India's first 'high speed train' also called the 'Bullet Train', passes through Vadodara. Vadodara is also emerging as a center for education & high tech industry. We look forward to meeting you in October 2023. With you and all the members of the organizing committee and the international scientific committee we will make this conference a great success
- Novel membrane materials and configurations
- Hybrid membrane processes
- Drinking Water treatment
- Domestic / industrial wastewater treatment and reclamation
- Energy recovery from water and wastewater
- Desalination & Membrane fouling mechanisms and control
- Case studies membrane processes for drinking water and waste water treatment
- Membrane Bio Reactors
- Membranes for Energy applications
Official language of this conference is English.
The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda
Photographs of MSPPF2023 are uploaded in Photo Gallery.
- Participants who are interested in joining the Statue of Unity tour on the 18th October 2023 should register on the google form link below and pay the mentioned amount. This includes the travel charges and the tickets for the Observation deck of the Statue of Unity. Please make the registration and payment before 10th October 2023 in the Indian Membrane Society Bank Account available on the website.
- Accommodation for Plenary Speakers & Invited Speakers has been arranged at Kabir Farm, Vadodara.
- Accommodation at special rates for student participants has been arranged at Vintage Hotel, Alkapuri, Vadodara.
- Indian Membrane Society announces the best thesis award for thesis submitted & defended in India during the year 2021-2023. Students who like to be considered for the award should send email on firstname.lastname@example.org
- There will be awards for best oral & poster presentations for students.
Call for papers
Authors are invited to submit a ONE PAGE abstract including figures and tables. Abstracts should be written in English. Abstracts must be submitted online at before Authors are strongly suggested to refer to an abstract template that can be an abstract temple that can be downloaded from conference homepage. Abstracts will be selected based on quality, originality and relevance to the conference themes. All accepted papers will be included in the conference proceedings.
Prof. (Dr.) Vijay Kumar Srivastava
Vice Chancellor,The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara
Dr. Kannan Srinivasan
Director,Central Salt & Marine Chemicals Research Institute, Bhavnagar